Is Emu Oil good for Arthritis?
For many Arthritis is a daily struggle. A struggle to get out of bed, a struggle to walk or even a struggle to complete simple daily tasks we come across.
Often Arthritis is associated with the older generation, however, this is not the case. In the UK over 10 million people suffer from Arthritis and we can be affected by Arthritis at any age, including children.
So what is Arthritis?
Arthritis simply means ‘inflammation of the joints’, it can be crippling and painful and often expensive due to the prescription medication being prescribed for suffers. However, there are negative side effects to using this medication and ingredients are not natural having other effects on the body meaning more medications being prescribed.
There are two types of common Arthritis;
- Osteoarthritis – This is the most common form of Arthritis in the UK, it most often develops in adults in their late 40’s, more commonly in women and people with a family history of having Arthritis. However, it can occur at any age and it is caused by the breakdown of joint cartilage.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis – This affects about 1 in 100 people in the UK, It is a chronic inflammatory type of Arthritis and it occurs when the body’s immune system targets affected joints, which lead to painful swelling. Rheumatoid Arthritis can also begin to affect the organs in the body leading to further complications.
Since the discovery of Emu oil in the mid-1800’s it has been found that Emu oil helps inflammation and provides relief for aching muscles and joints.
So why is Emu oil good for Arthritis?
Today the use of Emu oil is becoming more popular as we look for natural alternatives to aid in treating a variety of conditions and provide a natural pain relief. When massaged into the skin the Emu oil saturates all underlying tissues and enables muscle and joints to be reached becoming more effective than applying a topical gel or using medicines such as ibuprofen and paracetamol! Arthritis suffers will benefit from using Emu oil as its natural properties not only help assist with inflammation but also help aid the reduction of tension, swelling and provide relief from aching muscles and joints.
Here is our guide to what products we would recommend;
Emu oil Balm – A natural anti-inflammatory pain relief using 100% natural Australian Emu oil, blended with coconut oil and a combination of essential oils chosen for their healing abilities. Essential oils include;
- Arnica – An anti-inflammatory, pain reliever used to help aid the healing of bruises and reduce healing time.
- Wintergreen – An anti-inflammatory Meythl Salicylate which is known as a liquid aspirin for its pain relief properties.
- Lemongrass – Relaxes tight muscles with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Clove Bud – Increases the body’s metabolism increasing blood circulation.
- Rosemary – helps with aching and cramped muscles and helps improve poor circulation.
- Lavendar – Relaxes and soothes tight muscles and works as an anti-inflammatory.
- Clary Sage – Is antibacterial and an antiseptic and helps with relieving spasms and muscle cramps.
- Sweet Majoram – relieves muscle pulls, cramps and spasms.
- Juniper – reduces fluid retention around the joints and damaged tissues.
The Emu balm can be rubbed into the affected areas to help relieve inflammation and pain for Arthritis
Pure Emu Oil – Our Emu Oil is 100% natural Australian Emu Oil and is used throughout all of our products. When massaged into the desired area of the body it is absorbed quickly into the skin and can help assist to soothe redness, inflammation and provide relief of aches and pains.
Emu Salts – Using our natural Emu oil and combined with healing essential oils and Dead Sea salt a scoop of these salts added to a bath to help soak those aches and pains away are a great relaxer for those suffering from Arthritis. They can also be added to warm water to soak just the hands or feet and target areas where Arthritis is present.
Emu Capsules – Our capsules contain 500mg of natural Emu Oil, the capsules assist in reducing pain and inflammation associated with Arthritis, joint conditions and the maintenance of general well-being.
For more information on our products and how we can help you, browse our website today!
Disclaimer: None of the information on these pages should be construed as medical advice, but as a natural alternative. We are not doctors. Always consult your doctor for medical advice or about using our products if you are taking any medication or suffer with any conditions. We make no medical claims, expressed or implied.
7 Tips To Ease Joint Pain In Cold Weather
With the recent snow falls and severe cold temperatures to hit the country, our joints tend.
Interview with a World Taekwondo Champion- Ryan Simpson
It’s not every day you get to interview a World Champion and today was our.
Nature to Nurture – Inexpensive ways to help our body!
For many people when suffering from aches and pains, whether it be a toothache, backache,.
50 benefits of using Emu Oil
Emu oil was first used thousands of years ago by the Aborigines of Australia and.
Show Time! – Out and About with Lorem
With the sun making an appearance more regularly and people coming out of winter hibernation.