Plantar Fasciitis, known as Policeman’s heel, is the most common cause of heel pain. The Plantar Fascia is the flat band of tissue (ligament) that connects your heel bone to your toes. It supports the arch of your foot. If you strain your plantar fascia, it gets weak, swollen, and irritated (inflamed).
This time of year, many people suffer from Plantar Fasciitis due to:
- Being on their feet for several hours a day, i.e. Christmas shopping / Later work hours
- Women wearing high heels for those Christmas parties and then changing into flat shoes
- Change in weather causing those suffering from Rheumatoid Arthritis to have a flare-up and muscles and bones become inflamed.
Other more uncommon causes are such things as:
- Having a flat foot or high arch
- Having tight Achilles tendons or heel cords
- Increase of body weight resulting in pressure on legs and feet.
What are the symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis?
- Pain in the bottom of your foot, especially at the front or centre of the heel bone
- Pain that is worse when first rising in the morning (called “first-step pain”), standing up after an extended period of sitting, or after increased activity.
With our Emu oil naturally containing anti-inflammatory healing properties, it is the key ingredient in our products. It can help assist in the reduction of pain. Both the balm and our salts contain natural essential oils such as arnica, wintergreen, lavender and clove bud along with other essential oils.
Emu Balm for Plantar Fasciitis
Emu Balm is a topical product containing essential oils which aids painful muscles and joints. It contains all the benefits of Emu Oil, blended with other essential oils known to help assist in reducing pain.
Rub the balm into the soles of the feet and around the feet up towards the ankle. This will help soothe tight muscles, cramps, pulls and spasms. It helps to reduce fluid retention in damaged tissues as it contains anti-inflammatory properties. The balm is absorbed quickly as it is non-greasy, but will also leave your feet moisturised.
You can also use the balm on legs, helping ease any built-up tension that may have arisen from the Plantar Fasciitis.
Emu Salts for Plantar Fasciitis
Emu Salts are great for muscle and joint relief when used in the bath. However, to help target Plantar Fasciitis, add a scoop of Emu Salts to a bowl of warm water and soak your feet for 20 minutes. Emu Salts contain all of the benefits found in Emu Oil, blended with essential oils to help aid and reduce tension. The Dead Sea Salt crystals in the Emu Salts itself contains natural healing ingredients which help assist with fluid retention, aids calming, helps to increases circulation, strengthens bones, energises the skin and helps balance the skin.
So next time you’re on your feet all day shopping, for long walks, dancing, running or whatever you enjoy make sure you look after your feet as we only have one pair and those feet need to carry the rest of us!
If you suffer from or know someone who struggles with this condition, then check out our natural range of pain-relief products.